Friday, September 9, 2011

The Positive

No, I haven't disappeared.

Did you hear a strange noise coming from the general direction of my house last Saturday?  That was my quilt machine computer crashing...or my heart sinking.  Maybe both.

After spending two hours on the other side of a webcam, my brilliant and techy son-in-law declared my computer dead. 

Let's observe a moment of silence for the dearly departed.  And for the time I couldn't spend quilting this week. Ugh!

But, never fear, I have a new computer at home waiting to be installed TONIGHT.  I'm so anxious to get back up and running!!  Everything is going to be clean, crisp and fast with this new computer.  It'll be GRAND.

I have so much planned...I will have many things to show you next week.  But until then, I wanted to share this picture and an email I received.



Look at PJ and Karen!  Their quilt had just won 2nd place at our local fair.   I love the beautiful looks on their faces, they are so proud...and they should be!  Here's the story PJ sent aong with the pic...

"The embroidery above the attic window represents prisms set into the windows of a 100 year old Toronto home.  The mother of pearl button that makes the  knob of the front door is from my great grandmother's button box and looks like the porcelain knobs I remember from visits to the farmhouse she owned.  The eyelet lace for the curtains came out of a box of trims I inherited from my Nana.  My mother bought the material for the quilt, Karen and I pieced it and you quilted it together.  So 4 generations of the women in my family, my dearest friend and you contributed time, talents and treasures to its completion.  It will celebrate my son and daughter-in-law's wedding for years to come."

Oh, my! 

Broken computer or not, I am so glad to be a longarm quilter!

No comments:

Post a Comment