Thursday, September 1, 2011

One More

I have one more splendid picture to share of the quilts I've made for my son and daughter-in-law.  Maybe someday I can get my favorite photographer to head up to Portland and take pictures of all the quilts in my daughter and son-in-law's house.

Now THAT'S a collection.


This was my son and his lovely wife's wedding quilt.  She picked out the pattern and told me the colors she liked, I chose the fabric.  By the time I was finished, I was afraid it was a little too busy for their tastes.

Have you ever done that? Decided your not sure you really like a quilt by the time you get it done?

I liked it much better when I saw it in their apartment.   A white duvet and black furniture really makes this quilt look great.

This was back before I began machine quilting; my friend Cindy quilted this for me.  I love this design; I think this was the third time I had requested it.

It's simple and not too flowery.

Thinking back...I must have been in a rut!

I may need to add this to my arsenal of pantographs.  I still really like it.

Hey, next up...I've got an interesting story to tell and a fun project to share.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment