Friday, August 26, 2011

Graduation Quilt

I had somebody ask me recently why in the world I would choose to use a solid color fabric in a quilt when there are zillions of beautiful printed fabrics available.

Welllll.................

I guess I'll let a picture answer that for me.


My daughter-in-law likes things simple and clean.  When I saw this pattern in a magazine, it had her name written all over it.  The front was her college graduation present.


See that glorious minky on the back?  That was my son's college graduation present.  

They have to share.

This was one of the first things I quilted on my machine...and I had help.  It looks simple, but it really wasn't.  It was kind of tricky placing the straight lines in strategic locations.  The circles were fun.  Way fun.  I'm planning to make this baby again.

Thanks, again, Kim for the great pictures!

Hey, things are smoking at my house!  It's not a fire, it's productivity.  :)  

If you have a quilt ready, or almost ready, call soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment