Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fancy Stuff


I thought I'd show you what I've been up to today.

This is my first official attempt at custom quilting.  Like, on a real quilt.







This quilt has an interesting history.  I made it about a hundred years ago for a graduating senior.

I know, right?

(I stitched all of the dresden plate pieces by hand.)

I'm not completely insane; the graduating senior didn't get this quilt.  And the colors really didn't fit me, so I gave it to a good friend who loved these colors.  She was planning to have it custom quilted.



And then life happened.

We've been through a lot over the last hundred years.  I love and appreciate her even more now than I did back then.

I'm so glad this piece is still around for me to quilt.






And I'm so glad my friend is still around, too.








I think these dragonflies are adorable.



I like the way this looks.  (Not sure what that icky yellow is, it's from my camera, not on the quilt.)





Love this border...you can't see the one in the plum colored border, but it's pretty.

Trust me.

I like these motifs, too.


I'm half way done with this quilt, and I've decided what I'm going to charge for custom quilting.

Drum roll please...




Until I get faster at all of this uber fancy stuff, I will be charging $10,000.00 for custom quilting services.


Maybe more. :)

Happy Quilting!

- Kathy

2 comments:

  1. It is absolutely gorgeous! I love the arrangement of the blocks, and the double sashing.

    ReplyDelete