Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Had To

There are several reasons I had to make this quilt. 

1.  I love the fabric.

My kids are great sports about taking me to quilt shops when I visit them in Oregon.  In May, my son and daughter-in-law took me out to lunch at The Wild Pear in downtown Salem.  Then we walked around until we found this funky quilt shop called The Quilted Forest

 My son let me load him up with fabric bolts.

 It was a very fun afternoon.


When I buy fabric on the fly like that... you know, impulse buying...I just sort of guess what I might need.   I always hope a pattern will find me later.

This one came in a magazine.

I love quilting magazines more than...more than....more than ice cream.

And that's saying a lot.

2.  This thread.

This thread is glorious.  It looked so great with the quilt that I almost cried.

Not really.

But it is stunning stuff, that thread.





The last reason I wanted to make this quilt is because I had a design on my quilt machine that was calling my name, and it was PERFECT for this quilt.

I need to say that again.  It was PERFECT.

It really was.




Look how beautifully the thread and the flower and the fabric go together. (Click on the picture for a closer look.)

Will someone please say AMEN?!!  





Here's more proof that the trio were meant for each other. 

I did find a few of these fabrics locally.  This lovely piece came from Robin Place Fabrics; so did the back. 

The black and plum came from Kenai Fabrics.






I believe in spreading my money around.  Unfortunately, I practice what I preach.

A lot.









Love, love, love the bird.  Love the elegant, Asian feel.  Love the stripe.



 






Love.



 
Am I getting carried away with pictures?  Sorry.  I'm almost done.



So...here's the finished front. 

But...there's more! 








Here's the finished back. 

This is the first time I've put time into piecing the back of a quilt...and I love it!!!

I'm heading south to Oregon next week...I'm sure I'll find a few more reasons to make more quilts.

I just have to. :)

Happy quilting!!

-Kathy

2 comments:

  1. You are so right on! The fabrics are all beautiful and perfect together and the thread and the quilting design are perfect for the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judeann! I really appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete