Monday, August 8, 2011

The Way It Is

I have often been asked if I sell my quilts, or how much I would charge to make a quilt.  My answer is always the same; I don't sell my quilts and I've never made one for money.  To me that would be like selling my emotions.  I quilt as a way to express emotion.  Even if I make a quilt without having a particular person in mind, when they come to mind, I give them the quilt.  
It's my way of saying, "You are important to me.  I want to give a part of myself to you."

Too mushy?  Sorry.  It's just the way it is.




Janet feels that way about quilting too.  That's why she made this beautiful quilt...








Special friends were moving out of state.  She wanted them to know they will be greatly missed...









And they are greatly loved.










 

She did a beautiful job on this quilt.  Her piecing is amazing, especially since these plaids are very loosely woven and have a tendancy to be a tad squirrely. 










This quilting design is called Cottonseed.  I liked the way it fit the vintage feel of the quilt.








I hear the recipients loved their quilt, but that's no surprise.  It was made with love.



And that's just the way it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment