Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Friend

A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of quilting for a woman I had never met.

I hope she's the first of many new friends.

Though she had done smaller projects, this was the first large quilt my new friend had pieced and I realized this was one of those milestone projects that mean so much to quilters.

Know what I'm talking about?  I bet you do.

She thoughtfully picked out thread to match the lovely pink, green and cream fabrics she had sewn together; she decided on a design...and then she left her quilt with me.

I felt the responsibility.  I did.

A few days later, she came over to pick up her quilt.  I carefully pulled it out of its plastic bag and unfolded it for her to see.  I hope I never, ever forget her reaction.

She exclaimed, "I knew my quilt was pretty, but I didn't know it was BEAUTIFUL!" 

Your quilts are all yours, made with love and sometimes with blood, sweat and maybe even a few tears.  They mean something to you.

My job is to simply enhance what you've already done. 

- Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment