Sunday, June 26, 2011

Snowflakes in June

I have a friend named Wendi.

I hope everybody has a friend like Wendi.  I think she was just as excited about my quilt machine as I was.  And every day (she's not just a friend, she's a coworker), she listens to my quilting play-by-play.  And she has never told me, not once, to change the subject.

She's an amazing friend.


I've been playing with Wendi's adorable winter-themed quilt.  It sports happy colors, so it doesn't feel too much like winter.

And that's a good thing on a rainy June weekend.


It needed a snowflake in every corner....


....so glad these snowflakes aren't real.










The blue border called for more snowflakes.  These babies take a while to stitch out.  Super fun, though.

I had a hard time deciding on thread color; I decided to go with cream since that was the only color in every fabric.

I wish I had had some fun red/blue/green variegated thread.

I. Want. More. Thread.




Soooo much fun playing with borders.

Much more fun than sewing straight lines free-hand.

Straight lines are my nemesis.  I'm getting better, but not good enough to post a picture.

No way.





I decided to switch to blue for the middle of the quilt.  It liked it okay...but I can sure hear some variegated thread calling my name.  Problem is, that stuff is really expensive.  It's almost twice as much as solid thread.

Too bad it's so pretty.

Quilting Wendi's quilt was a nice way to spend the rainy part of my weekend.  I hope the rest of the summer is sunny and warm and she's too busy playing outside to bind it. There will be plenty of time for that when the snowflakes are real.  And then she can wrap up in this cozy quilt...and dream of summer.

Here's to warm days and plenty of sun!!

-Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment