Thursday, June 30, 2011

Being Chosen

My quilts choose people.  They do.

Sometimes I'll be making a quilt for a specific person, and it chooses somebody else.  It's good and bad when that happens.  Good for the person the quilt picks, not so good for my bank account...I have to make another quilt that hopefully picks the person I have in mind.  The really good part is that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the recipient of my quilt will really like what I've made.

My quilts have a mind of their own, but they are always right.

A while back I posted pictures of a quilt I made for my step dad.  The pattern was so easy and fun, I knew I wanted to make it again. (FYI...If you click on the pictures, you'll get a closer view.)

I bought these fabrics because they made me feel good.  I love the green...and the words are positive and uplifting.




I decided to load this on the quilting machine sideways. That way I could center a row of the quilting design over each row of piecing.





I liked the way it looked, and I felt just a little bit smart. :)








This panto design is fun and funky...my daughter is here and she helped me pick it out.  She loves this quilt...

I love the beautiful yellow/green thread on the black.






The thread looked beautiful on the charcoal flannel backing.  I'd like to say I knew it would look good...but it was a happy surprise.




For a little while I thought this quilt was picking my daughter...I really did.  Then I pulled out another quilt top I had made; my daughter pointed out that this quilt needs to go in the same room as the other.

She's such a smart girl

So guess what?

This fun and funky quilt actually picked me.







I love it when that happens.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny... I thought it picked me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful--but are you sure it said your name, not mine?!?

    ReplyDelete