Thursday, June 16, 2011

Splashing About

This rainy day turned into a lovely evening.  The sun has been streaming through my back windows and open door, reflecting off the table of my quilt machine. :)  That's Mother Nature at her finest!

I had a baby quilt to do tonight.  I've been feeling a little-under-the-weather; a baby quilt with happy little rubber ducks was just what the doctor ordered.  Well, that and an antibiotic...


Mary Lou pieced this darling quilt.  She requested the quilting have something to do with water...that gave me an excuse to go pantagraph shopping.

My motto used to be, "The quilter who dies with the most fabric wins," but I'm changing it...

"The longarm quilter with the most pantagraph designs wins."

I think I'll instruct my children to simply write, "She Wins," as my epitaph.  That would explain the piles of fabric, patterns and thread I will be leaving behind for them to deal with.



I thought this bubble design was made for this quilt.

Mary Lou requested light blue thread, and it was perfect.







Doesn't this quilt just make you want to splash about? It does me.

(Thanks for letting me share your quilt, Mary Lou!)




There are so many adorable designs out there for children's quilts, I want them all.  But I can only justify purchasing them if I have a good reason.  So, will somebody PLEASE make a baby quilt that needs owls on it?  There's a a cute little owl design calling my name....!

Enjoy the sunshine!

-Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I saw the quilt after you finished it----nice job,and perfect thread choice

    ReplyDelete