Friday, July 22, 2011

Custom Beginnings

I've spent some time playing with my quilting machine lately.

I think it's been the beginning of a nice friendship between the two of us.  We've been getting along great.

You know how some friendships are, though.  They ebb and flow.  I'd really like to keep flowing.




This table runner has been hiding in a drawer for about two years.  I'm sure there was a reason I made it, I just can't remember what it is. 

Anyway, it was asking to be quilted.  So, I had a little fun with it.










I used the 'Edge to Edge' method to do this square.  Edge to Edge does the all over designs that are the most popular in the quilting world. 

I've got a thing for dragonflies these days.




Here's a fun design.  Everything I picked came out of a set of designs that went together.  They were related. 

What I'm trying to say is they all match. 

I'm twippingovermytung.




Fun vine.  Excuse the fuzz.






Can you see the dragonfly in this corner?  I quilted some butterflies too, but forgot to take their picture.

Bug favoritism. 

Sorry.






This is a pretty cool feature; I can program a design to fit inside a square, then cut out the middle. 

Clever, huh?  My machine, not me.

Okay, I'm a little bit clever, too.  Just a little.


This will make a nice wedding gift for one of the many couples I know getting married this summer. 

It's going to take me a while to churn out enough gifts for everybody.

But I'll get there.

At least my quilting machine is more friend now than foe.

It's a pretty fun friend to have around. 

Now, if it would just bring the popcorn some night, things would be golden between us.

1 comment:

  1. I just remembered this blog! It was the original reason I visited your profile when I ended up following She Likes Skirts. So cool that you got a quilting machine!

    ReplyDelete