Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quilt Scraps

I just finished a couple of darling quilts for one of my co-workers.  They were the first quilts with borders I've done that don't belong to me and I was nervous.  Like, really nervous.  I was so nervous I forgot to take pictures.

I've got to get over these nerves.  I'm going to drive myself bonkers.

In spite of my silly nerves, the quilts turned out great and I'm bummed that I don't have pictures to share.  So, instead, I'll share these little guys...


These little purses are so handy...and pretty easy to make.





I sent a few down to my daughter-in-law's family and her mom took these wonderful pictures.


I love my daughter-in-law's mom.  She's a kindred spirit.






She shares her daughter with me and she loves my son.

I'm thinking we should be related somehow.  Like, she's my 2nd sister-in-law, kind of like a 2nd cousin.


I just made that up.  And it works!





I use a charm as a zipper pull.  They're my favorite part.


These little purses make great gifts by themselves, or you can stick a gift card in the pocket.  The pattern is called Cash and Carry and it's from Atkinson Designs.


A great way to use all the scraps left over from your quilts!

Enjoy!

-Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment