Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Name The Beast Contest

I've never been one to name inadament objects.  I've never named a car...well, not intentionally.  My old Windstar van earned a name, but I'm afraid it wasn't very nice.  Appropriate, but not very nice.

Several people have asked me what I call my quilting machine.  Well, I've been calling it The Beast, but I'm not as intimidated by it any more.  A new name is probably a good idea...for both of us.

So today She Likes Quilts will begin a quilt machine naming contest. 

Please respond with your suggestion by posting a comment at the bottom of this page.  The winner will be chosen at the end of next week (ish).  And check out the prize...it's a fancy, dancy seam ripper.

My friend Cindy, a longarm extraordinaire (and that's an understatement), suggested I get this fancy tool.  I love it...and I can assure you I have spent a lot of time using it. We have a special connection.

I hope you never need a seam ripper.  If you don't, I'd like to shake your hand.  If you do, you'll like this one.

Thanks for your help!

-Kathy

2 comments:

  1. You should just call it "Beauty and the Beast". That way you can call it "beauty" when it does great work, and "beast" when it's not doing so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Teesha! Then you could call her BB for short. :)

    ReplyDelete